The factory is accredited with HACCP certification.
Every 10th box is inspected to obtain the finest quality and standard . Our barcode system on each box is of upmost importance and we can track each box from the moment it is packed directly to the buyer.
Samples of each batch are kept for quality assurance, and Microbial tests are done for each individual container. We also test for MRL, sulphur dioxide, aflatoxins and Heavy metals. Fumigation of pests plays a vital role to ensure safety of our product.
The end product must always comply with Northern Cape Raisins specifications and the Department of Agriculture’s Export Standards for Raisins.
The following PRPs has been implemented:
- Allergen Control
- Cleaning and Sanitation
- Construction and Maintenance (incl. lay-out of premises, suitability of equipment)
- Glass & hard (brittle) plastic
- Label Control
- Mycotoxins and Heavy metal control – monitoring
- Pallet control
- Personal Hygiene
- Pest Control
- Pesticide residues (MRL) control – monitoring
- Receiving of Raw Material & Intake of Farmer Stock
- Supplier Quality Assurance
- Warehousing – Storage, Dispatch and Transport
- Waste Management (disposal of waste)
- Water Treatment and Water Quality Control
- Weight Control